Rescue Wipes Standard Operating Procedure
DO NOT CROSS CONTAMINATE
A minimum of 5 Rescue Wipes are recommended for proper decontamination.
Doffing PPE & Decontaminating Skin
- Exposed personnel move from the decontamination area to the designated doffing area.
- Position self near large plastic bag used for transporting turnout pants, jacket, hood and gloves. Place items in bag as removed.
- Remove gloves.
- Use a Rescue Wipe to clean hands.
- Don nitrile gloves.
- Remove facepiece, helmet and hood.
- Use a separate Rescue Wipe to clean face, neck, and ears.
- Remove turnout jacket.
- Use a separate Rescue Wipe to clean wrists.
- Remove turnout pants.
- Use a separate Rescue Wipe to clean any part of the body that
may have been exposed to contaminants due to PPE openings
such as the armpits and groin region.
- Return to quarters for showers.